Successful trainers are always looking for new ways to grow their income. One of the best ways is through online digital courses.
Online courses allow you to reach a global audience with little overhead, and they’re super easy to create!
This blog post will help you get started by walking you through the five steps I took when creating my first course and increase income.
1) Find something that excites and inspires you
The first step in creating an online course is to find something that excites and inspires you. Your passion will show through, which will make your content stand out!
2) Select a topic in the field of expertise you have or want to develop
The next step is to find a topic you’re passionate about or develop expertise in. For instance, if your goal as an online trainer is to become well-known for weight loss coaching, then the course might be called “How To Lose 20lbs In One Month.”
It is important to go deep in your target and have a micro-niche, not a general topic, with everyone as your target.
Generic Topic: “How To Lose 20lbs In One Month.”
Specific Topic: “How To Lose 20lbs In One Month for Woman Working Professionals.”
3) Create an outline for your course
The next step is to create an outline of your course and then, finally, begin writing or shooting the videos.
You can do this in two ways: You could follow a checklist format or just give general guidelines on what should be included in each section of your course.
We prefer to use bullet points (Steps) but feel free to use what works best for you.
- Why I created this course
- About me and my credentials
- What is included in the course?
- Why it’s important (content, workbooks, videos, etc.)
- Who is this course for? (“What are your goals?”)
- What are the course prerequisites?
- How this will benefit you or your business (content, workbooks).
- How it can make life easier for your students & customers.
4) Get started on writing content for the course
Once you have an outline, you can start working on the actual content for each of the topics or sections. Get all your slides & content ready, so you can start recording the video in one go.
Note: Don’t expect your first course or first video to be perfect. It will not be the best but, you can always improvise over time.
Things to consider while recording video for your online course
- Have a clear idea about what you want to talk about in your video.
- What is the purpose of this video?
- How should it be structured?
- Who is the audience for this particular video, and how will they benefit from watching this video, etc.?
These questions help you determine the content and structure of your video.
Once the videos are ready, you can launch them in any LMS platform or Udemy, or Skillshare, and start earning money.
If you are interested in having complete control over your course content and student, we would recommend investing in an LMS platform like Teachable or Thinkific to launch your course online.
Free Webinar: Learn how to create your own online school and set up your first course using Teachable (without any technical headaches).
Free Workshop: Build a blueprint for your first online course in just five days! (Thinkific)
You can also promote your course by contacting other bloggers and influencers within the industry and offering them a free copy of your online digital course in exchange for promotion.
Share with people who might be interested in your topic, giveaway free to gain testimonials first. Then using social proof, create a landing page and start promoting your course to people using ads.
If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to comment below & reach to us.
I hope that this article has helped you with your online course business, and I wish you good luck on your journey. Thank you for reading!