Do you have a brand? Do you know how to brand your business?
If not, it’s time to find out!
Branding is an important part of any company. It provides a recognizable identity for the company and helps consumers distinguish between one brand and another.
In this blog post, we will discuss simple steps that can help brand your business in no time at all!
- What is branding?
- What can I do for my business?
- What should I be doing to build a Brand?
- How does brand loyalty create brand equity?
- What should I avoid when branding my business?
- Steps to create a Brand for your business
- Step 1: Create your mission statement
- Step 2: Research what other brands do
- Step 3: Identify your uniqueness.
- Step 4: Be consistent with typography.
- Step 5: Choose colors for your brand.
- Step 6: Choose a photography style.
What is branding?
Branding is the act of distinguishing one brand from another. Oftentimes, branding is done by incorporating a logo or slogan into your marketing materials and advertisement campaigns to make it clear that you are differentiating yourself from other brands.
What can I do for my business?
There are many ways to brand your business!
Here are a few you can start with:
– Pick a brand name for your company that is memorable and easy to pronounce.
– Incorporate colors on your marketing materials, website, or social media content to make it clear which brand the message belongs to. If there are multiple brands under one umbrella, such as Nike brand clothing line and their running brand, look for ways to make them stand out.
– Stick with one brand voice so that your brand is recognizable. This can be done by using the same font or colors across all marketing materials and social media platforms to ensure a cohesive message appears at all times when people see it. Remember to keep brand messages consistent on any digital channels you use to communicate with your brand’s audience.
– Create a logo for the brand that is simple, easy to remember, and incorporate on all materials. A good rule of thumb: if you can’t fit it in an Instagram post or tweet, then it might be too complicated!
– Share what you are doing online by following other brands who also are brand your business. This will help others find you and learn about the brand!
– Utilize social media tools like hashtags to mention a current brand campaign or call out an employee who is doing something great so that it can be shared with one’s audience.
An example of this may be: “Meet our in-house brand manager, James. He’s been with us for over 20 years and has to brand your business just about everything!”
– Utilize brand ambassadors – people who are passionate about your brand and can rally others to support it!
What should I be doing to build a Brand?
Branding is important because customers want to know what they’re getting when purchasing from you.
Focus on brand recognition – it’s easy to do with these simple steps!
Tips: Don’t be afraid to try new things and explore your brand personality. This is a great way for customers to build an emotional attachment with the brand that they can identify with, which will create brand loyalty down the line!
How does brand loyalty create brand equity?
Brand loyalty has been linked to brand equity. Brand loyal customers are more likely to purchase from brands that they feel have served them well in the past because of their brand memories, which will translate into a higher profit for your company!
What should I avoid when branding my business?
– Don’t be afraid to change your brand voice. Brands have evolved over time, and they will continue to do so in the future.
– Don’t be afraid to try new things! Trying something different can help you find what works best for your brand personality – it might not even take any extra resources or money at all!
– Avoid being too focused on brand recognition as opposed to the quality of your product or service. You don’t want customers to feel like you are just trying too hard for brand equity!
– Avoid using very dark colors on marketing materials, websites, and social media content if possible because they can be perceived as aggressive and off-putting – make sure all brand messages remain engaging!
– Avoid brand dilution. In other words, don’t start new brand campaigns or introduce a slew of different brands all at once because it confuses the customer and can make them look for another brand that is more cohesive with what they are looking for from you in the first place.
– Avoid using too many colors on marketing materials and social media content. Too many colors can be overwhelming for the customer, which will leave them feeling brand loyalty is not important to you based on your marketing materials!
Steps to create a Brand for your business
Step 1: Create your mission statement
Your mission statement is what your business does and why it’s important. It will help you find customers. If you know that, then it will help you talk to them.
To make a mission statement, you need to think about how your product or service can help people. If you want them to feel good, or if you want to solve their problems. Your mission statement should include language that is aspirational and speaks to your overall goal.
Step 2: Research what other brands do
Look at other brand’s websites, social media pages, and marketing materials to see what they are doing.
Find out who you want to be – this is about defining your brand personality! Figure out how it feels and what makes it unique from the competition. Make sure that it resonates with your brand.
Step 3: Identify your uniqueness.
You are not the only company in your sector. It is important to tell people about this. To find out what makes you special, ask yourself:
– What sets you apart from the competition?
– Who are your brand ambassadors that get people excited about what you do and why they should care about it?
Step 4: Be consistent with typography.
It is important to use the right font. Typography can help people know that you are a company at a glance and can tell what kind of company you are.
Sweetgreen uses a font that looks like it is smiling. It is not sharp. The fonts are rounder and softer than other fonts. This way, people will want to eat their food because they think it is happy.
When you pick a typeface, you need to choose ones that are readable at any size. They can be used for short or long paragraphs and sentences.
Only use 1 or 2 fonts. Pick a font that you will use most of the time.
Step 5: Choose colors for your brand.
Color theory is how colors are made. Colors can affect people’s choices. You should use colors that look good and show your kind of personality.
When you pick a brand color, it should be the same for your logo design. It is important to have consistency across branding channels.
Step 6: Choose a photography style.
If you are seeking to improve the branding of your company, try adopting photos from brands that inspire you. Analyze how their photos appear by using the criteria like Lighting, Composition, Subject matter & Coloring.
LinkedIn does a good job of using the same style for all their photos. They talk about how they represent different parts of their marketing in the LinkedIn style guide.
When they show pictures of their app, they use pictures of a phone with everyday objects. The phone should look like someone left these things there.
They use candid images of people working together to give their brand an authentic tone.
Now you have all the information. Keep a document that has all the guidelines so you can refer to it in the future when you make new things.